Saturday, July 9, 2011

In the media... EW, TV Guide, & TV/Line

Sandra! Please, need some Bones info! — Chrissie
You know by now that when we pick up with the series, Bones will be in bloom! But John Francis Daley tells us that while Sweets is over the moon about the new bond shared by Bones and Booth, the rest of the team might not have the same reaction. “I think [Sweets] will be thrilled about Bones’ pregnancy because he was the biggest cheerleader for the two of them getting together. This is all of the hard work he believed he did toward the goal of getting them together paying off. I think others on the team might not be happy about it. It is certainly gonna complicate the workplace vibe. I’m sure they will have fun with it as much as they can because that’s the tone of our show in general.”

Entertainment Weekly - July 8, 2011


My response: In my opinion, Sweets has been a fair-weathered friend of B&B being together. When the brain scan didn't show what he wanted, he told Booth he wasn't in love with Bones. When Booth was with Hannah, he encouraged him to propose. I used to like Sweets... past tense!

Angela used to be B&B's biggest fan. But when Hannah entered the picture, Angela gave up. Angela & Brennan didn't have much to do with each other most of the season. Maybe she'll redeem herself as Brennan's best friend. I guess I'll have to wait and see.


Question: Are we gonna get a Bones Christmas episode this season? They had one in Season 5, but not in Season 6. So I think it’s time dust off the mistletoe! —Hanna
Ausiello:
At this point, “nothing’s planned,” responds exec producer Stephen Nathan. “But since we will be airing in the middle of December, we might toss in a snowman or something. Could be a nice murder, thawing out Frosty and finding the clues in a puddle of water.” You mess with Frosty, you mess with my childhood. Tread lightly, Nathan. Tread lightly.

TV/Line - July 5, 2011


My Response: As much as I'd like to have a Christmas episode, it wouldn't make much sense because they're moving ahead the timeline like they did with season 6 (coming back 7 months later). Although, I think the writers forgot they did that since that would have meant that the team would have been back in D.C. in December and Hannah was gone before Valentine's Day. Of course, I don't mind if all of the bad stuff happened very quickly, but it wasn't realistic. So.... if they want to have an unrealistic time jump for Christmas, I'm all for it. What does a calendar mean in the Bones-verse... not much! LOL!


If you think Bones' seventh season is just going to be about diaper-changing and nap time, think again: The show is introducing a new villain, TVGuide.com has learned.

"This is someone who is an extremely odd and fearless foe," executive producer Stephan Nathan tells us, comparing the character to such past serial killers as Gormogon and The Gravedigger. "Only he's going to be much more of a 21st-century, tech-savvy foe."

Fox announced last week that Bones won't premiere until Nov. 3, which will allow the network to air six episodes in the fall before star Emily Deschanel takes her maternity leave. Nathan says those six episodes will primarily focus on expectant parents Booth (David Boreanaz) and Brennan (Deschanel) preparing to raise their child together, but they will also introduce the new killer, who will take a while to subdue.

"At the end of [Episode] 6, we want to leave with a real surprise for the audience from a plot point of view," Nathan says. "I'm not necessarily talking about Booth and Brennan... [but this] nefarious character, who we will follow for a little bit this season and perhaps next."

TV Guide - July 1, 2011


My Response: I'm really hoping for excitement in the last episode in December for both B&B and with the new villian. I think a high-tech villian would be fun, but I'm concerned that it would be too far off for a case that would involve Bones. But I'm willing to see if it could work. As far as B&B, I'm glad they will be focusing on them as well as the case. I feel like we've missed too much of their new relationship already and it has me bummed. I wasn't expecting super sweet dates and roses. (I mean daffofils.) But come on, everything seems so unrealistic right now. I hope the writers can convince the audience that the newest storyline is something viewers want to see. They did a very horrible job with season six.

What I'd like to see most is Booth having to deliver their baby. That would be hilarious!


ADAM: Executive producer Stephen Nathan confirms that the Nov. 3 premiere deals with an amnesia victim, which forces Booth and Brennan to reflect on their own pasts. That means that Ryan O'Neal will be returning as Brennan's father, but will we meet any of Booth's family in the process? "We'll be dealing with an important aspect of Booth's family as well," Nathan says. "Both of them had quite unique and difficult upbringings. It's about finding out how memories affect [them] going forward."

TV Guide - July 5, 2011


My Response: I'm really looking forward to this. I wonder if we will see a return of Hank or Jared rather than a "new" family member. I could do without Jared but would love to see Hank again. Meeting Booth's dad would make for an interesting story. Do we know anything about his mom? I can't remember anything about her.



No comments:

Post a Comment