Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Extended Ending to The Wannabe in the Weeds

Title: Now, That's More Like It!

Disclaimer: Bones and its affiliated characters do not belong to me. I mean no copyright infringement

Summary: Each "chapter" is a one-shot. I have either rewritten/extended an ending for a single episode or for a single scene in an episode. There are no connections between the one-shots. Therefore, I'm only relying on the episodes to lead me and not others story endings that I have written. Each new chapter/ending will list the spoilers and rating since they are one-shots. These are written by a shipper. *_^

Spoilers: 3

Rating: PG

Author's Notes for this one-shot: This episode was followed by The Pain in the Heart. In that episode, everyone presumes Booth is dead. At the funeral, Booth is disguised as one of the soldiers. As expected the funeral brought a criminal out of hiding and Booth takes him down. Brennan punches Booth and he falls to the ground. It turns out that Booth had put her name on the list so that she would know the truth, but Sweets didn't tell her because he wanted to study her reactions.


The Wanna-Be in the Weeds

(Season 3)

New/Extended Ending

From the ending scene at the Checker Box where Brennan sings "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cindy Lauper.

Booth: Your need to sing in front of a live audience. It's innate, Bones.

Bones: No way.

Booth: Hey, I got the music, the frivolity. What else do you want?

(Sweets talks her into singing on stage. Former suspect, Pam Nunan, comes into the karaoke bar with a gun to shoot Brennan. She calls to "Seeley". Booth jumps up and blocks the bullet from hitting Brennan. Booth falls to the floor and Brennan rushes to his side. When she sees Pam is ready to take another shot at her, she picks up Booth's gun and shoots her in the neck.)

Hodgins: Zack. Call 911.

Brennan: Booth, you're gonna be fine. I'm right here. Come on. You're gonna do this. You're gonna be fine. You're gonna make it. Come on! Come on, Booth! Come on!

XOXOXOXOXOX – New Extended Ending – OXOXOXOXOXOXO

Brennan waited in the surgical waiting room with Cam, Angela, Hodgins, Zack, and Sweets. Brennan felt sick as she desperately tried to maintain her decorum. She'd noticed Sweets was watching her intently from time to time.

A middle-aged doctor walked into the room. "Agent Booth's family?"

Brennan was the first to reach the doctor. C

am asked the question they were dreading an answer for. "How is he?"

"Agent Booth is out of surgery and in the Intensive Care Unit. He's in critical condition. He suffered a pneumothorax, which is a dropped lung, as well as some muscle damage. The next 24 hours will be touch and ago. We are keeping an eye out for an infection that could settle in the wound."

Brennan didn't know how she was still standing. He'd lost so much blood by the time the paramedics arrived. She heard Cam talking to the doctor, but she wasn't listening anymore. He was alive. The next 24 hours were critical.

Angela draped an arm around her shoulder. "Sweetie, Booth can have one visitor at a time. You should go. We'll be here in the waiting room if you need anything."

Brennan simply nodded and Angela followed the

doctor taking Brennan with her.


XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Sweets received a text from Cullen so he excused himself saying that he needed to use the bathroom. Instead, he went to the ICU to meet with Cullen. When he got there, he took Sweets to a private room. Sitting around the small room were three agents. He looked at Cullen in surprise.

"Sit down please, Dr. Sweets." He did as he was told and Cullen started to explain the plan. "As you know, Booth is in critical condition. What you don't know is that he is doing better than expected and the doctors are hopeful that he will continue to improve. That brings us to one of Booth's unsolved cases." Now Swee

ts was even more surprised and very, very curious. "Of course, we hope for the best. Booth is one of our best agents and he is a good man with many friends in the bureau. If it's the fortunate case that he recovers, we will put him into hiding so that we can falsely report his death. We believe the suspect, Roger Morris, will be watching closely to assure he is dead and no longer a threat. We'll be staging a viewing at the funeral home, and if necessary, a funeral."

"Wow. Okay. How can I help, sir?"

"Who do you think we should inform of Booth's true condition? The list needs to be as small as possible. Of course, his son's mother will

be informed. Ms. Stinson has already decided to leave the city and stay with her parents for Parker's sake."

"That's a good idea. What about Dr. Brennan?"

"I would like your professional opinion on that."

"Okay, well, Dr, Brennan is exceptional at compartmentalizing and masking her emotions. She takes the truth to the extreme, but in this instance, I believe she would be willing to keep up false pretenses for Booth's safety and for the increased likelihood of capturing and trying Roger Morris."

"Good. I was hoping to spare myself from her wrath afterwards for not being told."

Sweets smiled for the first time since the shooting. Dr. Temperance Brennan wasn't a person people wanted to mess with.

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Brennan had been at Booth's bedside and holding his hand for an hour when Sweets walked in.

"Dr. Brennan?"

"Sweets. What are you doing here? Only one person can visit at a time. Did... you… want some time? I can wait in the hall for a few minutes."

"That's not why I'm here. If you could come with me, Director Cullen and I would like to talk to you about some FBI business concerning Agent

Booth."

Brennan reluctantly left Booth and followed Sweets. Cullen explained their plan and how Brennan was expected to help work that plan.

"When you are speaking with anyone, you won't be giving truthful updates. At this time tomorrow, we will secretly be transferring him to another hospital outside D.C. I'm sorry to report that you'll have limited personal contact with him after that. However, you will be given an FBI issued phone to use for the purpose of communication. The morning news will broadcast the false report of his death."


XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Brennan waited another half and hour after returning to Booth's bedside when his eyelids started to flutter open. She squeezed his hand tightly.

Booth woke up to find his partner looking down at him with a smile and what he guessed were happy tears.

"Booth," was all she could manage to say.

"Bones."

"I'm so glad you're okay." Suddenly she became upset for a whole other reason.

"Bones?"

"Don't you ever do that again!"

"Do what?"

"She softened, regretting that she was the cause of his increased heart rate which showed on the monitor.

"Do you remember anything that happened before you were shot?"

"Yeah. Unless it was all a drug induced dream." He chuckled and he promised himself not to be doing that again anytime soon.

"What do you remember?"

"I remember you singing. You're a wonderful singer, Bones. Just like your mother said."

"Thanks, Booth. I told you so."

He smirked. "You're a good performer, too. Now I understand why you needed the music and frivolity. And then I heard someone calling me by my first name. I turned around and saw it was Fat Pam."

"Booth," she warned.

"I saw Pam Nunan. She was aiming a gun at you. I jumped up to shield you. I pulled my gun, but it was too late. The last thing I remember was your beautiful face marred with worry. You were trying to tell me something, but I don't know what."

"I was telling you that you were going to be okay. I've never been so scared in my life."

"Not even when your parents and brother left you? Not when you had to go to a new foster home and a new school?"

"They take a close 2nd and 3rd."

"Really, Bones? I'm that important to you?"

"Yes. You're the best friend I've ever had."

"You, too, Bones. No one knows me like you do."

She leaned over and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He was just as shocked as the first time when he postponed Russ's arrest. But this time, he saw it coming and he could savor it.

Remembering what he'd said about her face being beautiful and Pam Nunan saying she was scrawny, the question just popped out of her mouth. "Do you really think I'm beautiful?"

"Yes, Bones. I really do." He pointed to his other cheek. "Can you give me another one of those light feathery kisses on the other cheek?" She chuckled but did as he asked. After all, it wasn't like it was unpleasant.



The Wanna-Be in the Weeds

My Favorite Quotes

Zack: My regimen is easily completed in my apartment: treadmill for thirty minutes, a hundred sit-ups, push-ups, and leg lifts, and twenty minutes of free weights. I'm deceptively strong.

Cam: I'm deceived.


Bones: Hey, break down the door.

Booth: It hurts my shoulder when I break down the door.


Bones: You're implying she was sexually stimulated.

Booth: So were they? Did they… (Booth claps his hands together horizontally thinking he would understand that it meant sex.)

Bones: Did they have sexual intercourse?

Victim's Neighbor: Well, if they did, it was through a locked door.

Bones: So, no?

Booth: Very good, Bones. Let's go.

Bones: Why are you clapping like that?


Bones: You are ogling that woman.

Booth: What? No, I'm not. I'm just…

Bones: Yes, you are.

Booth: I-I'm just admiring her routine.

(B&B question the fitness club owner.)

Bones: Booth!

Booth: Yeah? (He's distracted.)

Bones: That's not helping the investigation.

(Booth shrugs his shoulders.)


Booth: It's all very dangerous.

Sweets: Mocking will not change my opinion. I've been mocked many, many times before… That came out wrong.


Booth: And don't even think about leaving town. Both of you are under investigation for murder.

Bones: They are?

Booth: No. I just don't like them.


Booth (to Bones): I'd say you were kidding, but I don't think you know how to kid.


Bones: The guitar string could definitely be the murder weapon.

Booth: Because it cut the cheese?


Hodgins: You're totally gonna be cleared.

Booth: You can't say that. This is my place.


Booth (to Bones): You need to sing in front of a live audience. It's innate, Bones. Hey, I got the music, the frivolity. What else do you need?

No comments:

Post a Comment